The unit works alongside the community to help them meet their basic needs and to develop solutions to their social and economic problems. It aims to empower the weakest members of Nablus society through the promotion of rights awareness and action, furnishing citizens with the tools and encouragement necessary to become self-reliant, and to advocate for their own rights and those of the community at large.
The unit aims to achieve the following goals:
- Develop a relationship with the local community and utilise this relationship to meet the community's needs;
- Leverage the value of voluntary work in the target community through professional and systematic methodologies, and move such initiatives away from just random or seasonal projects; and adapt this concept for application across Palestinian society to strengthen sustainable development efforts that target social needs through investment in human resources;
- Offer a space for humanities as well as specialised students to participate in social programs connected to their disciplines;
- Participate in social development and meet the community’s needs in ways that present a new model for other associations throughout the wider society;
- Empower positive community participation in social development.
The unit offers the following programmes:
- Open-Door Program.
- Voluntary Work Program.
- Supportive Education Program.
- Housing Program.
- Psychosocial and Social Support Program.
- Elderly Care Program.
- Philanthropy Forum Program.
- Community Local Initiatives Program.
For more information, please contact us:
Yaeesh building (3rd floor) apartment No.303, Sufian St, Nablus, Palestine.